The 70th ASSH Annual Meeting is designed for surgeons to share new concepts and revisit established principles pertaining to hand and upper extremity. Hand care professionals from around the world will come together to share, discuss and learn about breakthrough techniques and procedures advancing the care and treatment of hand and upper extremity.
Abstract Submission Process
- Review the policy and procedures for each abstract activity.
- Click on the submission link for the activity you wish to submit an abstract for.
- Follow the instructions provided on each page, entering in required information as you go.
- After your abstract has been submitted you will receive a confirmation email detailing your abstract login information.
- You can continue to login and update your abstract through the submission deadline. Your abstract will not be reviewed until after the deadline.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Instructional Course and Symposia accept/reject notices will be sent in January 2015. All other categories will receive notification in March/April 2015. Authors will have the opportunity to make any final changes to their abstract for a limited period of time after they have been notified of their abstract’s acceptance.
To contact the ASSH about your submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference your abstract number and the name of your primary author in any communication to help us identify the correct abstract.
ASSH Policy & Procedures
- NOTE: The ASSH does not pay for any meeting relating costs for accepted presenters, including hotel, travel or registration fees. Special arrangements for international guests for Instructional Courses or Symposia to cover lodging and/or meeting registration fees must be made in advance and receive approval from the Program Chair(s). Email email@example.com for more information.
- If you are chosen to be a presenter, you are required to register and pay to attend the conference.
- Scientific Abstracts (Paper, E-Poster, International Poster, and R/F Conference Presentations) must include the following sections: Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Summary Points and are limited to a maximum of 400 words. An abstract may be edited and published by the ASSH if accepted.
- Scientific Abstracts are marketed as “never-before-heard” material. Please do not submit paper or poster proposals which have been published, presented or are scheduled for presentation/publication prior to September 10, 2015.
- A maximum of two images may accompany an abstract submission (includes any graphics, tables or charts). All images must be “print-ready” with a minimum 300 DPI at the time of submission. If accepted, the abstract and images will be reproduced in an abstract book.
- The Societies require that all speakers at programs granting Continuing Medical Education credit provide a financial/commercial disclosure statement. All financial interests in the product or process involved with the research must be properly identified. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate sponsored research, or any other substantive relationship. A disclosure statement will be collected from EACH author listed on the abstract. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to obtain these disclosures from each author!
- An accepted abstract may be edited and published by the ASSH.
- Those who have an accepted abstract for paper presentation by the ASSH Program Committee (for the General Session and/or the Residents and Fellows Conference) will be required to provide a manuscript for review by the program discusser.
Special Note for Paper/Poster Submitters
Beginning in 2014:
The Paper and E-poster Abstract Applications are combined. There is one application form for the Scientific Papers and E-posters. Within the application please specify from the following options: Paper Only, Poster Only, or Both.
PAPER ONLY - Please review the Call for Paper Presentation Abstracts. By selecting this option, your proposal will only be reviewed by the Annual Meeting Program Committee for consideration as a presentation during a Clinical Paper Session. All accepted and rejected notifications will be sent in April 2015.
POSTER ONLY - Please review the Call for E-poster Abstracts. By selecting this option, your proposal will only be reviewed by the Annual Meeting Scientific Displays Committee for consideration as an e-poster presentation. E-posters may also be selected as a Top 5 candidate which will be decided summer 2015. All accepted and rejected notifications will be sent in May 2015.
BOTH - If you select "Both" within the application, this indicates you would like your abstract to be reviewed as both a Scientific Paper and E-poster. Your abstract will first be reviewed by the Annual Meeting Program Committee for a Paper Presentation. If your abstract is not accepted as a Paper Presentation, your abstract will then be reviewed as an E-poster by the Annual Meeting Scientific Displays Committee.
Special Note for Resident/Fellow Submitters
If you are a Resident or Fellow you may submit your abstract to both the Scientific Paper & E-poster and to the Residents & Fellows Conference category to be considered for Podium & E-poster presentation in both programs. Order of priority, if submitted into all categories are as follows: Scientific Paper, Residents & Fellows Paper, Scientific E-Poster, Residents and Fellows E-Poster.